CareArc, a non-profit healthcare organization, has made significant strides in providing accessible and affordable healthcare services to underserved communities. At the forefront of their efforts stands the Eureka Health Center (EHC) Free Clinic, a beacon of hope and healing for those who cannot afford traditional healthcare. Founded with a passion for social justice and a commitment to improving the well-being of all individuals, EHC has become a lifeline for countless individuals in need. In this post, we will explore the origins of EHC, its unique payment scale, and how you can contribute to their noble cause.
Founding and Mission: Eureka Health Center Free Clinic was established in 2008 as part of CareArc’s broader initiative to bridge the gap in healthcare access. Its founders envisioned a clinic that would serve as a safe haven for individuals without health insurance or those unable to afford medical care. With the mission to provide comprehensive, compassionate, and quality healthcare to all, regardless of their financial status, EHC has been a steadfast force in promoting health equity.
Payment Scale: EHC operates on a sliding scale payment system, ensuring that everyone who seeks medical assistance receives the care they need. This innovative approach tailors costs to patients’ income levels, ensuring that financial limitations do not hinder their access to essential healthcare services. By assessing patients’ income and resources, EHC determines an affordable fee that allows individuals to receive medical attention without causing undue financial burden. The payment scale ensures that those with lower incomes pay significantly less than those who are financially better off, fostering inclusivity and breaking down barriers to care.
Medical Services Offered: EHC offers a comprehensive range of medical services, encompassing both preventive and curative care. The clinic boasts a team of skilled and dedicated healthcare professionals, including doctors, nurses, and support staff. Some of the services provided at EHC include:
- Primary Care: Routine check-ups, vaccinations, and screenings for various health conditions.
- Chronic Disease Management: Management and monitoring of chronic illnesses such as diabetes, hypertension, and asthma.
- Women’s Health: Gynecological exams, family planning, and reproductive health services.
- Mental Health Support: Counseling, therapy, and referrals to mental health specialists.
- Laboratory and Diagnostic Services: Basic lab tests, X-rays, and ultrasounds.
- Prescription Medications: Access to affordable medications through partnerships with pharmacies and pharmaceutical assistance programs.
How to Donate: If you’re inspired by the impactful work being done at Eureka Health Center and wish to contribute to their mission, there are several ways to donate:
- Monetary Donations: Visit the official CareArc website or EHC’s dedicated donation page to make a monetary contribution. You can choose a one-time donation or set up a recurring donation to support their ongoing efforts.
- Volunteer Your Time: EHC welcomes volunteers with various skills and backgrounds. Whether you’re a medical professional or simply passionate about healthcare, consider offering your time and expertise to support the clinic’s operations.
- In-Kind Donations: EHC may also accept in-kind donations, such as medical equipment, supplies, or office resources. Contact the clinic directly to inquire about their specific needs and donation acceptance guidelines.
- Parking Available
- Primary Care
- Behavioral Health
- Women's Health
- Dental Care
- Pediatric Care