Founded with a strong commitment to providing healthcare services to those who need it most, the Kootenai County Health Department Free Clinic stands as a beacon of hope and compassion in the community. This comprehensive post aims to shed light on the clinic’s establishment, its unique payment scale system, and how individuals can contribute to their noble cause through donations.
- Foundation and Mission: The Kootenai County Health Department Free Clinic was as a direct response to the pressing need for accessible healthcare services for the underserved population in Kootenai County. The clinic operates under the umbrella of the Kootenai County Health Department, working tirelessly to ensure that quality medical care is available to all individuals, regardless of their financial situation or insurance status.
- Services Offered: The clinic provides a wide range of essential healthcare services, including primary care, preventive care, chronic disease management, and limited specialty care. A team of highly skilled and compassionate healthcare professionals, including doctors, nurses, and support staff, work collaboratively to address the diverse healthcare needs of the community.
- Payment Scale: One of the distinguishing features of the Kootenai County Health Department Free Clinic is its unique payment scale system. The clinic recognizes that financial circumstances vary among individuals seeking care, and thus, they have developed a sliding fee scale based on income and family size. This system ensures that patients are charged fees that are affordable and fair, allowing them to access the care they need without undue financial burden.
- Eligibility and Registration: To access the services of the clinic, individuals must meet certain eligibility criteria. Generally, the clinic serves uninsured or underinsured individuals who reside in Kootenai County. The registration process involves providing necessary documentation, such as proof of residency, income verification, and identification. However, it is important to note that the clinic strives to serve as many patients as possible and encourages individuals to reach out for assistance even if they do not meet all eligibility requirements.
- Donations and Support: The Kootenai County Health Department Free Clinic greatly appreciates the support and generosity of individuals and organizations who wish to contribute to their mission. Donations play a vital role in sustaining and expanding the clinic’s operations, allowing them to provide healthcare services to a greater number of people in need. Those who are interested in donating can visit the clinic’s website or contact their administrative office to obtain information on how to contribute financially or donate medical supplies.
- Parking Available
- Primary Care
- Behavioral Health
- Women's Health
- Dental Care
- Pediatric Care